cart won't charge

BS1196

My friend parked his club car at the end of summer last year and didn't plug it up.he called a service center and they told him to put a regular charger on two of the batteries for a while then see if his charger will start,still didn't.He said his radio or nothing would work (cart has the rocker switch).He's also tried my charger and nothing.Does anyone have any ideas.Thanks BS1196
usaflag1.gif
wallbash.gif
dazed053.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
First thing to check is the battery pack voltage and ALL cable connections. On a 48 volt cart the charger needs around 36 volts from the battery pack or it won't turn the charger on. If the pack was real low charging 2 batteries won't be enough. He may need to charge all six two at a time.

jride1999

i have almost same prob.What i wanna no is i hear the charger come on does that mean its charging the bateries?
i have all the batery above 6.0 on meter,an now i hear charger kicks in.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Hook your volt meter to the main positive and negative on the battery pack and plug in the charger to see if there's any change in voltage. It's possible it could just be the amp meter in the charger but it could also be something else. Can you try the charger on another cart or try another charger on your cart?

jride1999

i put meter on first batery pos an last bater neg an read 47.7 wile charger on charger says 0 still. we had charger checked at local shop out here said its good.