Carb Removal

OlBoy

One way to remove studs is start 2 nuts on the stud and lock them together by tightening them against each other then put the wrench on the 1st nut you put on the stud and use it to screw the stud out.

Tuco

Thanks. I am changing out the motor in a 1995 and was doing some light prep work while I waited for the replacement. I was told to hold off removing the studs, the replacement may have the also. At this point the carb is still on the old motor in the cart. Will it merely slide off or are the studs holding it on? Any advice on motor swaps?

Tuco

I have a 295, replacing with what they are calling a "325", 295 bored. Ordered the motor from Motors and More (from around Augusta GA).

Tuco

Thanks, it took a little effort but came off. I was told I needed to torque the new studs. What ft lbs? Screw two nuts on and use a regular torque wrench?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Glad to hear you got the carb off.

As far as I know you shouldn't have to torque the studs that hold the carb on. You could use the double nuts to check and make sure they're snug but don't get to carried away on tightening them.

Bob-o

16 ft/lbs

use locking pliars to remove the studs...

I know it is old, but the torque setting is kinda important, and the studs should be included with the engine.