Cannot find this part or the name of it for the life of me any help would be amazing! TIA

Mitch05

I’ll attach a photo or two of the part I’m looking for it’s for a 1990 ezgo marathon 36v. The part it labeled as #33 on this image. And also the other pic it it the sensor on the top right. I cannot figure out the name of this part or a part I could use any help would be amazing!ezgo-marathon-micro-switch.jpgezgo-marathon-diagram.jpg

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Maybe a dumb question, but, does that ' L ' shaped thing-a-ma-gig [ #17 ] pivot to make contact with the lower contact on your #33 ? If so, then it looks like its a micro-switch.

I'm not familiar with your system so I'm spit-balling.

Mitch05

Maybe a dumb question, but, does that ' L ' shaped thing-a-ma-gig [ #17 ] pivot to make contact with the lower contact on your #33 ? If so, then it looks like its a micro-switch.

I'm not familiar with your system so I'm spit-balling.
Yes you are correct it does pivot to it. I believe it is a micro switch also but which one has lost me.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Apparently there is no linkage to that arm and no wire from the switch. Try to find a wiring diagram in resources /search.

Mitch05

I have tried to, unfortunately this is my first golf cart project and this is the last piece I have to order and I’ll have all new electronic parts. I think I might just take that whole assembly to a shop and tell them to order the part if possible. The cart ran when I got it but I don’t like to leave things alone and this one has stumped me

Patrick L

Cartaholic
If you can figure out what is hooked the that L bracket then you figure out what the switch runs. Have you checked the switch for continuity ? I'll assume you have.

Mitch05

The L bracket is hooked to the accelerator pedal by a rod that runs from the pedal to that L bracket. One wire on that micro switch runs to the key switch and the other wire runs to the bottom prong on the back of the forward and reverse switch (which I do not believe is where it is supposed to run, but that’s how it was hooked up when I bought it and it ran like that).

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
This is for a series cart correct and there is a coil on the back side of that phenolic unit

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
This is just a guess I'll throw it out I think it's a shunt system for a series motor to make it go faster