Can We Bypass the On-Board Computer Charging Controller

BozieB4

All the manual says is that you cannot alter the AC power plug. Both, extra long cords are a nuisance and I hate seeing all that wire just coiled up

BozieB4

I physically removed the OBD and made a frame out of 1 inch by 1/4 thick aluminum plate stock and I drilled and bolted it together in the shape of the letter 'H'.
I bolted the charger to this frame, then bolted all of it, to the rail, where the OBD was originally mounted. Just did have room next to the inverter!!!

BozieB4

Now, it's on to installing a ground bus bar ( I have 5 extra gounds) and a 48v bus bar, (my drive lights are 48v and there is the feed to the inverter),
then I want to install a 4 way flasher for the yellow LED parking lights in the OEM headlights fixtures and the LED brakes lights, plus the back up lights (I hit the garage wall at night) then I want to use three rocker switches to make all of it look correct

BozieB4

I don't want to attach the backup lights to the reverse buzzer because if I have them on a rocker switch, I can use them to see the trailer hitch without that annoying noise.