Buying a used club car

colescreek

I'm new to the golf cart world as all my toys have been gas powered ATV's. I've been shopping around and have found a 1990 club car, that's lifted and has batteries that are less than 1 year old. I know absolutely nothing about electric vehicles. With that said, can y'all give me some help inspecting this cart before I hand over the cash?

I will use this around the neighborhood and some at my camp to get to hunting spots.

Is a 21 year old cart going to last much longer? Any other tips and advice is appreciated.
Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Considering the cart is a 1991 it would need to be cheap if I was looking to buy it. Can you tell us how much you can pick this cart up for?

colescreek

well I guess I got a little excited, the cart is $975. I have a contact that does golf cart restoration and modifications. I talked to him and he say to stay away. Something about the older carts before 2000 and how you can't do much to alter their performance. So I guess my hunt continues...

colescreek

Does that info sound correct? If so, I'm looking for a 2000 and newer cart. Any suggestions to which models are better than others?

Thanks

Petey

Depends on the cart, if you want to work on it yourself, a non ocb cart is the way to go. But if you are looking for one to soup up then a ocb 48 volt cart is the to go. I have both and I like both. You have to decide. Price is always my question.

shadowman

remember you can always upgrade a 36 volt cart also................................
cool.gif

colescreek

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to keep looking, definitely want something that I can sup up down the road. I'm trying to absorb as much info as possible, and will surely be back with some more questions.

Thanks