Buying a Golf Cart From a Fleet

wally88888

I have an opportunity on buying a 2006 Club Car gas golf cart from a fleet of 60 previously used on a golf course.
Several questions:
Is $2200 a good price? (carts were used 3 years, fleet rotated, each probably used about 100-140 days a year for a 5 mile drive).
For the 1st. two years they were maintained /serviced but don't think the oil and filter were changed in the past year.
Some run too fast, some very slow in comparison.
So, how do I choose which one?
A slow one, a fast one ? I assume the governors can be reset.
What to specifically look for?

BadToTheBone

Look at the same things you would when buying a car. Like play in steering / rattles / smoke from engine / engine sound / condition of body / brakes / look under the cart for signs of damage / does the steering pull when driving / etc.

wally88888

I bought 2 , manu. in 10/05, Club cars, previously used on a golf course. $2200 each w/ an understanding I can switch any parts from the other 58.
Now to clean up, change oil/filters, etc.
Where to start?

wally88888

I Have a Manual on order but wondering if I can use the guidelines (lube, etc.) listed here, (for up to 05 carts) for this/these carts?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not sure when Club Car starts the new model year. What's the serial number? We can tell you the year by the serial number.

wally88888

Will be able to provide serial # tomorrow.
Wondering, as the oil and filter have not been changed in some time, if I could better clean crankcase and engine by pouring a quart of kerosene through the engine.
Back in the good ole days, I was there, now 78, we used to do this (even briefly start or turn over the engine )? Got a lot more crud out!
I have purchased engine oil, filter, air filter, gear oil and a spark plug, then will lube all specified fittings.
I have a 2000 manual, probably nearly same as 2006/06. A local dealership told me there were no differences between 05/06.
I read someplace about using sae 30 wt. in the tranny/differential however bought 80/90 gear oil?
Any help/comments appreciated!

wally88888

Serial #'s are AG0611-607615
DOM 10/2005

# AG0611-607592
DOM 10/2005

I was told any w/ DOM in Sept. or later are next year model?

Finished servicing-oil and filter-air filter-tranny fluid, etc. Where might I find instructions for tuning carb, setting governor, etc?

agsbill

Finished servicing-oil and filter-air filter-tranny fluid, etc. Where might I find instructions for tuning carb, setting governor, etc?
Yep...

2006 and built in the 11th week of the year 2006....you did good on the price...