Buying a Golf Cart and Need Purchase Advise

resqguy

I'm looking to purchase a golf cart to take when I go on vacations and to do some light duty around the house and need some advice. I am weighing the option of buying one already upgraded/modified vs. a DIY project that I can customize myself. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and I actually used to work on carts many years ago when I worked at a Country Club in SoCal.

Is it cheaper to buy a basic cart and modify it doing the work myself? I can buy an 03 CC all modified for around $5k.

How do I determine the value of a used cart that is 5 years old or less? Is there a KBB for carts?

I know of a place that is selling used 03 CC Villagers for $1800 or $1999 with new batteries. They have been "gone through" but have minor scratches and need tires. Is that a good deal?

clubcar05

with new bateries thats not to bad if they have back seats but look around for your local prices, prices can vary around the country

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Which way is cheaper all depends on where your looking. If your buying from a dealer the cost goes up quick when you start adding all the accessories to the price of the cart. For 5K you could build a real nice cart but if you look around you could probably buy one already done to your liking, but what fun is that j/k...
Basically it all depends on if you want to do the work yourself or buy one already done.

What does the cart you looked at for 5k have for accessories? Is it a Club Car DS?

Golf cart prices vary depending on location. Here in Illinois a 2003 or newer stock EZGO TXT or Club Car DS with no accessories will sell for $2000+ depending on condition.

I can't tell you much about the Club Car Villager. I've never owned one or worked on one.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I don't know of any website that has spec sheets for a Club Car 2002 or 2003 models. Not much has changed though on the new models.

resqguy

Here is an example of one of the CC Villagers for sale. Basically I wanted to get opinions on if this is a good starting point for a project.

Here is an example of what I would like to end with. I would also like to add all the go fast modifications. I live on a hilly lot so I want to make sure it will make it uphill.