Building Electric Drag Cart 101

GarageBuilt

COPB,

I am not familiar with a Gem Car. And I have looked all thru my cheat sheets. What can you tell me about the differential. Is it similiar to a golf car diff.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
All I know is that it is front wheel drive. There is one for sale here at $3500. Not a bad price. It is just like new. You would think that a builder would use a motor mount that is readily available.

GarageBuilt

COPB, My P/C Crashed after my last post. But I did talk to the guys at H/P.
At one time Gem Car & H/P were trying to research & develope an adapp a kit. R&D can get expensive. It is a project that got pushed to the back burner.

GarageBuilt

Up date.

We have been working on this kart night & day for the last 3 months. We couldn’t start until the motor came in.
Our newest AC Drag Kart has one more stop to make. Powder Coaters. Install batteries & off to Drag Strip
yikes2.gif

Hoping to have it at the Bonanza.

I will post pic's soon.

You Guys don’t laugh because it has been GarageBuilt.
We would like to thank Rod as in Hot Rod for all his Help on the chaise. But my wife is pissed about all the holes in the back yard from all the coffee cans that I had to dig up just to pay for it. We really don’t care how fast this thing is, It is a lot to look at & was a blast to build.
yucky.gif

Also thanks Garno & Rod for not
shutup.gif
any thing until this thing got finished.

GarageBuilt

Here are just a few pic;s of what Rod & Grono have seen. These are just of the mock up. Even Rod hasent seen his 4-link
with coil over Koin Shocks Yet.

Ok, so I forgot how to post pic's. Can I do it of my PC pic's?

GarageBuilt

The carts wheelbase is from end to end of the stock frame & is still 2 feet short per the width or the rear tires. A easy fix but not enough time for the Bonanza.

GarageBuilt

ACEGOLFCARTGUY,

The set of tires & front rims are for a JR Dragster. The backset of rims are a set of 4 on 4 bolt circle rims that we had made in to a set of bead locks.

GarageBuilt

Thank's Frank!

But I sure could use your Boys help this weekend. I need the help.
I got gas,hotle,Beer, I mean cold drinks