Building a Lifted EZGO Shuttle 6. Need Help With 35 HP Briggs Install

roccoga

Hi guys i have been building a EZGO Shuttle 6 for my son. It has 12" front lift jakes long travel a-arm and spindle. Custom rear 3 link with coilovers and vegas carts cradle for 23 hp briggs. it sits on 29.5 swamp lite tires. Im ready to pull trigger on engine and figured why not the 35 hp vanguard. Has anyone done this swap or know of anybody? I'm looking for some advise. Thank you Rocco

tear down
IMG_6408.JPG IMG_6660.JPG IMG_6718.JPG

getting there! This is my first golf cart build
IMG_6573.JPG

starting to mock up
IMG_6582.JPG

family having fun
IMG_6682.JPG

I think he likes it!
IMG_6753.JPG

frankie wants to take a ride!
IMG_6924.JPG fullsizeoutput_71f.jpeg

new cowl
IMG_6806.JPG IMG_6847.JPG

wife priming after sand blast, looking good
IMG_6866.JPG IMG_6882.JPG

gloss black. she did a great job
IMG_6890.JPG

wheels and tires
IMG_6834.JPG

just right
IMG_6924.JPG

roccoga

the wife is even happy!!! until the engine?
IMG_6937.JPG

plenty of height for engine? please any help would be great. I just want to know if it will fit? Sorry for bad grammar and all photos.Hope you like them.Thank You Rocco
IMG_6957.JPG

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Nice pictures and cart thanks for posting them. Just so you know you can add more than 1 picture per post. I'll clean it up after you're done posting the pictures. :thumbsup:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
As far as the 35 HP Briggs goes engine there's a few threads out here from guys that have used them. Once member @Nubs sees your post I'm sure he can help you out with the information you'll need on the engine.

roccoga

Thanks for pics. Now I know it will fit. Do you happen to know shaft size and what clutch you used? I see I can get a 1 1/8 by 4 and maybe have my commit clutch bored to 1 1/8 from 1 Thank you for your help

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Do you happen to know shaft size and what clutch you used? I see I can get a 1 1/8 by 4 and maybe have my commit clutch bored to 1 1/8

I believe the 35 HP Briggs Vanguard has a 1-1/8” diameter shaft and a .1/4” keyway or a 1 7/16" shaft depending on the model.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Sorry lot goin' on here with winter commin and all.
The one in the picture had a generator tapered PTO that i turned down to 1", the clutch was a factory EZGO. turned a tapered bushing to fit the two.

HRC is right on with the PTO Dia. i've had a few 40hp with 1-1/2 also

roccoga

thanks for your reply's guys. i have one saved on eBay that is 1 1/8 x 3" 1/4 keyway this is the one i am thinking. thanks again for helping

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_77c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_77c.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 6