Broken Throttle Linkage (twice)

04Delta

I have a 1988 Club Car gas golf cart and have had and used it for 4-years and it runs good. Last fall the throttle linkage cable broke and I replaced it. 5 hours of use later, it broke again...replaced it...2 hours of use and it broke again. It seems that the end of the cable with the hood connector that goes over the ball in the electrical box is to tight and doesn't allow for easy rotation at that joint and soon strains and breaks the cable because of the angle of pull.

Does that end of the throttle cable with the connection in the electrical box need to be a loose fitting to allow for free movement when the accelerator is depressed?

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Every one I've seen has slack in it. Sounds like the bellcrank is binding and putting to much load on cable. Make sure that black wheel turns easy.

04Delta

Thank you...it appears that is just what is happening. Is there a way to expand the inside of the "bell crank" ? After purchasing two of these throttle cables in the last few months, it seemed odd that they both were extremely tight fitting...but we'll deal with #3.

Thanks again!