Briggs & Stratton 18 HP or 23 Horsepower V-Twin?

trojan

I have 1996 Gas Club Car DS. Installed 6" spindle lift. I'm debating between a Briggs & Stratton 18 HP or 23 Horsepower V-Twin? Have larger tires and rims. I would like to have more torque and top end. I Have a place in the mountains and use my cart to pull a trailer with fire wood etc. I do very little off road. I read a post some where that said they installed 18 HP but wished it had been 23. Would appreciate thoughts.

WALKNTALL

I heard enough regrets about the 18hp so much that we quit offering it. We start with the 23hp and go up from there.

Frank

bboyter

Now Frank STOP putting down my engine......I think my 18 runs good. I know it stops good Just Kidding but I do have an 18 and I love it

WALKNTALL

Ha! Hey Brandon, what are the chances of us being on at the same time...
You didn't mention your 18hp will out run a 23hp...
biggrin.gif

Frank

bboyter

Hey Frank,

Yeah I was trying to keep that a secret. You been riding your cart any?? I saw the thinner gaskets. Do they actually help much?

WALKNTALL

Haven't been riding in a little while, a bit cold, but headed to Glamis second week in March then probably Little Sahara in April, May, & June. Yep, the thinner gaskets have a noticable power gain, depending on your stock gasket thickness, it would the equilivent as machining the head up to .035.

Frank

WALKNTALL

I have the modified 35hp in stock... They're putn out 43hp @6000rpm. A butt load of torque..
cool.gif
I'm installing one in an EZGO this week.

Frank

WALKNTALL

Motor alone is $2999. It's a tight fit in an EZGO, I haven't verified if it will fit in a Yamaha yet. With the billet intake adapter it's only 19" tall though.

Frank

WALKNTALL

Ok will do.
BBoyter got the brakes put on. I was up his way and stopped in for a little bit, man they work good. Unfortunately I've been so busy I haven't had time to even think about brakes. I will regret that went I have to clean my shorts out after going down Olds Hill. It's out of control most of the way down...

Another customer of mine fabed some full sized car rotors and calipers on. At 40mph it stopped in roughly 6ft and almost flipped over frontwards, 4 skid marks on pavement...
ohmy.gif

Frank

Fairlane

WOW! I have my m/c adj to where they will lock but you need to get on them hard. You have no idea how more secure you will feel decending in loose stuff. Did you get the photos?? Hope to have time to see you while you are here.

Glen

bboyter

the brakes are great, i get a kick out of them everytime i drive it. If you dont have the seat belts on it will just about throw you out the front