Briggs and Stratton Vanguard Big Block Engine

vegasezgo

Newbe here. Just got an 03 ezgo. It has the 9 hp motor. It already has a lift kit on it and have 22 x 11x10 tires on it. I'm thinking about either getting the 18 or 23 hp Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine to put in it. I'll probably get all the up grades to motor also. I'm just wondering if anybody here uses their cart at the dunes. I mostly go to dumont dunes in california. Theres only about $250 difference in the two motors. I've seen many GC out to the dunes but never talked to folks with them to see what they had done to it. Thanks

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
we also built many carts for the dunes... and we are in so cal alot closer to both dumont and glamis...

the 23HP with cams and rev kit is the best buy at around $1900

we both have a long travel coil over kit and a standard kit...

ill post pics later and you can visit our website at www.wickedcarts.net Robby if this is not cool let me know and delete...

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Vegas also welcome to the forum here are some pics of our long travel and off road /sand dune carts

slim67

Sorry Wicked , I forgot to mention you guys also. I remember checking out your website before you guys were even on the forums. You do nice work as well. Also forgot to mention Mikes Motor Toys.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
no worries and thanks slim....

Mike , Frank and I are about the only 3 we all do great work with just a few different personalities.. up to the customer to see our site and hopefully we can help....
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

WALKNTALL

Randy is right, not many performance cart shops left. Let me know if I can help... Info, advice, parts, kits, etc...

kevinandrew

i getting some dangerous ideas here. your long travel looks like a logical conclusion to the stock suspension problem. as soon as i'm done fooling around with with my motor swap and front suspension.

vegasezgo

Picked up a 23 hp vanguard with engine upgrades. Finshed install last night and fired it up. sounds great. Got a few minor things to do like securing wire harness and installing choke cable. Will take it out tomorrow were i 1st took it with stock engine.