Boy, have I got questions for y'all

Mr. Lee

New here. Already learned to disconnect the speed limiter to check spark. That alone saved me $90.00 for a coil. I've got two club car Turf 2 carts. Got both for ZERO US Dollars, that's another long story. Anyway, One is an XRT. The XRT runs great, top speed is 30 mph by my GPS. Is this right? Why in the world is this thing so fast? That's not my problem thought. The other one, we call it the "mosquito fogger" smokes like crazy. Runs good other wise. Checked compression on both of them today. Both read between 120-150 since the needle jumps around so much. I'm figuring to fix the smoking all I need to do is replace valve seals, right? Compression seems OK so I'm not think the rings./cylinder are bad. Whatch'all think?

shadowman

could be rings , what grade oil is being used?...........................................
thumbup.gif

shadowman

thats oil burning for sure you its sneaking past somewhere.......it could be rings i,m not 100% certain but it could be and you could still have good compression..............................
thumbup.gif

Mr. Lee

Just as I suspected. Bad valve seal on the exhaust side. Replaced both valve seals, lapped valves, went ahead and replaced piston rings, and crankcase seals. Runs like a top.