Biggest Tire and Wheel Size On a EZGO TXT Without Lift Kit

vipertblck

What's the biggest tire and wheel size you guys can fit on a stock EZGO TXT PDS golf cart without a lift kit? Factory are 8" but I wanna put different rims/tires on it. I'll be adding the heavy duty rear springs I think, not sure if that effects rear ride height or not.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
As long as the tire isn't taller than 20" it will fit without rubbing as long as your springs are good. The rim size doesn't matter as long as the 20" tall tires fit on the wheels.

vipertblck

I may have heavy springs in the rear already. They are 3 leafs on the rear and the wraps around the springs have 603109 stamped into them. Are these the heavier springs needed for the rear seats on my cart, or are these too light of duty?

vipertblck

No, assuming main is the one the shackles bolt to? When I say 3 leaf, that's all of the leafs, total, on each wheel, including the spring the shackles bolt to.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
A stock EZGO spring will have the main leaf (has the holes for shackles), a long leaf that's a few inches shorter the main and short leaf on the bottom.

A HD spring will vary depending on where it's from and will usually have 4-5 leafs counting the main.

vipertblck

I have the rear seat package it doesn't look like my springs are the beefier ones. Any recommendations on companies that have a heavy duty spring that won't make the cart ride like a rock wagon?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you have a spring shop near by you can add one leaf to the stock springs. I usually add one that's a couple inches shorter than the one under the main leaf. Heavier springs are going to make the golf cart ride harder.