Big block help

chvylac

Ok so I got this big kawi 29 hp fuel injected in my cart and it seems good but it seems a little sluggish of the line then it just takes off but then around 35-37 mph if feels like a governor kicks in I was expecting more speed and better take off any ideas?? Also I'm running toms big block clutch on it with stock driven

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
more hp won't give ya any more speed, rpm's, gearing and tire dia will get ya speed. at 38mph with stock gears and under 25" tires is all you'll get, i would think your most likely hittin' the rev limiter. different spring and weights in the clutch will make it grab harder at lower rpm's. Tom sells the clutch, does he offer tune kits for them?

chvylac

Ok yeah it's a team clutch so I'm sure there's stuff for it and I'm only running 22s right now
Thanks nubs

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
are ya sure the belt is not just suckin' down into the driven before it shifts? if it pulls it down when ya first takeoff it'll feel like its in a higher gear so to speak. i don't remember what cart you have, is the belt new? club car use a narrow belt that don't work well with those clutches.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
install a tach........... know what rpm your running is a big help....

38hp briggs 12:1 stock gears 25" tall tire 42 MPH at 6000 rpm and lifting the wheels 2 to 3"

new belt but what size????

rvkersh

I found that you need to keep the pickup as far from then spark plug as possible, this reduces RF interference and the tach becomes more stable and accurate. The plug wires are very short on the v-twins, you can clip the clamps from one side of the pickup and push it as far from the plug as possible and use a zip tie to keep it there. On hot days the pickup will get heat soaked and the tach will become less accurate, but will work good when cold. I finally gave up and removed the equus tach.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
perhaps chvylac could start a thread stating his dislike for the Equus products based on his lack of understanding
dazed053.gif
many dudes are runnin' the Equus tach with no problems.
i would think that Flintrock from BGW could trouble shoot the problem, he's there v-twin know it all fella
rolleyes.gif
plus he's a great shot when it comes to shootin' a guy in the back.

rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
yes.gif

chvylac

rotflmao.gif
maybe I should lol I don't see how it like a 50/50 shot with this tachs working easy or not. I will try what you said nubs

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's a bunch of threads here about Equus tach's. I know at least one of the threads was about the same problem and was a simple fix.
twocents.gif

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
What's the problem with the tach? I've used a few of them, the only thing I ever had to do is turn the plug wire pick up clamp 180 degrees. The arrow on the clamp wasn't facing right.
thumbup.gif

chvylac

Well no way I've tried works then another guy says you have to hook up the green wire on this motor which is weird now racking my brain where to hook the wire to
wacko.gif

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
The Kawasaki's have a 12 volt coil or magneto coil? 12 volt will require the green wire to be hooked up to the -/negative side of the coil. Mag coil needs the pick up/clamp on the plug wire.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i say your problem is in the tach, this is a cdi system with a 12v coil and it reads fine off the coil wire
dazed053.gif

ezgotach1.jpg

ezgotach2.jpg