Better front end than rear end problems

Sean

I have absolutly no knowledge of golf carts, but have some simple understanding of how things work. I have a 1997 Ez Go electric textron golf cart that my 14 y/o son uses for his grass cutting business in the neighborhood. Well my 4 y/o jumped on it and hit the gas and then jumped off and the cart went down the hill and slammed into a tree head on. from my little knowledge it looks like the front has two leaf type springs kind of like how a truck has and either both are bent or just one is for sure. One question that I have is the bar that goes from each tire I am not sure if it is bent as it sits at an angle, not sure if this is the way it is supposed to be, as well one of the tires has what appears to be an arm that has a hole like it should be bolted to something, but I see nothing to stabilize it to. I have taken the two what I am calling leaf springs off by removing three bolts from the front and three from the back. If I replace these will it space everything properly, or should that bar be flat to the ground? If any one has a schematic on the frontend and could email, or if any one just has a manule that they would be willing to part with I may be able to figure it out on my own. Or any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I guess the leamonade I am making from this situation is it is better to have front end problems than to have rear end problems. LOL

Thanks in Advance,
Sean

johnny9

The front springs are angled in, in the front and are supposed to be. You can cross square them by measureing from corner to corner and see if they're square. If bent it will need replaced.. They naturally are a hair arched the opposite of the rear arched springs and sometimes allmost flat..
The passenger side (I think) has a extra 'ear' coming off the spindle where the tie rod hooks to one and there may be a ear that's not used, as my stock EZGO had that before i lifted it.
Measure the front end w/a tape on the rear center of tire, or edge, and the same spot on the front to check alignment.
It should be a 1/8 inch toed in on the front. Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum, John

Sean

John,

I appreciate the quick responce, will let you know how it goes. Still if anyone has a schematic I would be greatly interested or old repair manule they might not be using any more.

Thanks,
Sean

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Without seeing the cart it's hard to tell whats bent. The tie rods "bars" that connect to each spindle are on a angle on a stock cart. They should run down hill out to the spindles. Can you post some close up pics? We might be able to see if anything is bent from looking at the pictures...

Sean

HotRodCarts

I have some pictures, if you can let me know where to send them or tell me how to post them I will.

Thank You,
Sean