Best Batteries for Golf Cart Use

smfdva

I have a customized 2005 EZGO 36V electric golf in need of new batteries. I thought of trying rejuvenating, but decided to go new batteries instead. Just want to know what batteries people are using, and which to definetely stay away from.

smfdva

I've always been partial to Trojans and Interstate makes good ones as well. But you want the heaviest (thickest plates), you can get in a pure deep cycle. If the battery doesn't weigh at least 65 lbs keep shopping. I take it you are certain yours are toast (having tested them). Check your cables for corrosion and wear. Most golf cart manufacturers put cheap/cheesey cables - as in #6 welding cables and they are very inefficient. If you need to replace them upgrade to #4, preferably multi strand tinned Marine grade. You will nearly double the range of your cart. After driving your cart a few miles feel the cables, they will probably be warm or hot to the touch. That heat is generated by the inefficient (as in too small), cables and that energy is not getting to the motor, hence the advisability of increasing the cable size/efficiency. I can play 36 to 54 holes of golf in my 1998 Club Car (48 volt), and still not get a warning light from the batteries while most of my neighbors are done after 18 and heading for the charger and hoping they get there. It doesn't cost all that much but makes a big difference

dougmcp

IMO, maintenance as opposed to brand is the thing that will give you good performance and long life.
The 6v GC-2 batteries at Sam's Club have the same specs as the T-105 Trojans. At 40% more in price I couldn't justify the expense but in the end it's your call.