Battery Goes Dead Just Sitting a Few Days

squeakylittrell

I have a Yamaha G1 2 stroke golf cart that the battery goes dead just sitting after a few days. The motor has been completely rebuilt. I have replaced the Gen/Starter, replaced both Solenoids, put in a new battery, checked for a draw with a test light (doesn't seem to have one). Charged the battery and one cell seems not to bubble, so I will take back the new Battery for replacement. What else could be the problem? Any help would be GREAT!

squeakylittrell

Yes, took the new one back and had a bad cell. I got a new Die Hard and installed it. We will see in a couple of days if it has lost its charge. I checked for a drain and found none. I also could not find a short. I have not checked to see if it is being charged. It just is sitting for now because of snow, however the new battery I took back just lost its charge sitting for a couple of days. Thanks for your help!

squeakylittrell

After about a week, the new Die Hard battery seems to be holding a charge. I have disconnected the battery for now until spring. I am sure that must have been the problem. I will check the charging system in the spring. Thanks for the help!

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
just disconnect the big cables going to the cart leave the charge cables attached and charger plugged in.