Battery Cable Opinion Request

What is your opinion of the red battery cable ?

• Looks like top of the line.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better than most.

• Average, but I've seen better.

• Nothing special.

• Total voters

hitmanharleyk

Guys,
I'm new here, but glad I found you !

I'd like to have your opinion on the red cables in below pictures. I'm thinking of trying to sell these on Ebay and I'd like to know your thoughts of them prior to putting them out there. They are double insulated 4 ga. cable with HD 100% pure copper lugs. I put it next to a stock 6 ga cable in the first pic.

cables001.jpg

cables003.jpg

Thanks in advance.

hitmanharleyk

399 to 420, depends on which company I decide to go with.

Here's the components I'm using. I'm thinking of going with a clear heat shrink instead of black to allow any corrosion to be seen if and when it happens to get inside.

20-4_5.jpg
20-09b.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd go with the highest strand count. Another thing I'd suggest is using tinned lugs and try to find some that have a little more meat around the stud hole, like the one in the picture you posted only tinned. I like the clear shrink wrap idea...
thumbup.gif

20-09b.jpg

txNick

I like the looks of what you are doing. I will post some pics of what I used as soon as I can to see if it might give you a few ideas. Just a sugestion/ tip I use a heat shrink made for Kimball Midwest that has liquid already in it to pevent corrosion even more. I will see what the cost is from the office in the morning.

hitmanharleyk

The Heat Shrink I'm using also has the inner layer that melts to seal the connection and gives it a higher tensile strength.

I'm using Lawson Products, Kimball Midwest is some of their main competition and I'm guessing the products are very similar.