Battery Brace Rods

curbcrawler

I've searched for answers to my questions on here without any positive results. I am wondering if anyone uses any kind of alternative methods of securing the batteries in a Club Car DS other than the rod and rubber braces?

shadowman

you can use all thread........to be honest if your not off roading or driving over big bumps all day they are heavy enough that they won,t move........drove a cart for over a year with no hold downs and they never budged...........having said that its a good idea to have them tied down............................
cool.gif

dougmcp

Curious as to your reasoning for wanting an alternate way of anchoring, the parts are dirt cheap.
Did you change something?

curbcrawler

I hope this message appears in the correct place. New at this. You asked why I'm looking for an alternative way to brace batteries. Ans. I recently replaced my old batteries and apparently the new ones are taller than the old ones, so the old rods aren't long enough. (Never thought to measure the old batteries before trading in). Haven't been able to find any rods in the local auto supply stores that will work for me. Just thought there might be some other way to hold them down. Is it normal for the batteries to be different sizes. I'm a newbie with golf carts, so I have zero experience, but I'm learning.

dougmcp

If they are just a long "J" hook, do like Shadowman suggests and get some 1/4" all thread cut to length and put a hook in the end. All thread is available at Ace Hdwe, Home Depot, Lowes etc.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i would suggest that you run the nuts on the rod before cutting to length, it can become hard to thread the nuts on after the fact
twocents.gif