Bad Experience with Plum Quick Review

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I got it, LMFAO....

After reading what you PM'ed me I'd have to say Robby from Plum Quick should give the guy another controller. We'll see if he does. :twocents:

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Rod....How did you get that out of THAT PM??? Like I told you in the PM ...I don't have a dog in this fight...I never said ANYTHING that would indicate that PQ had not responded to this problem in an unfavorable manner...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What I got from the PM was that Robby Steen from Plum quick said he didn't have anything to say about the issue randyjaco has with the controller he bought from Plum Quick because this forum Cartaholics is just a small group that means nothing to him or Plum Quick. So I take it that because Robby Steen and Plum Quick think this is a small forum if someone posts a legitimate problem here it means nothing to Robby or PQ? That doesn't sound like good business practice to me. Robby may think this is a small forum but it gets over 10,000+ unique visitors a month.

Just reading the PM tells me Robby Steen and Plum Quick don't care about their customers. :hattip:

JRay

Cartaholic
The purple kool aid must be flowing pretty good over on the purple forum, I see a few are beating the drum for thier leader on the BU forum. What do you suppose is in that stuff? :rotflmao:

Makes you wonder whats in it for them? :dazed: A guy comes around looking for help and all these P T"s want to do is beat up on him. :hattip:

dougmcp

The "purple forum" has no mention of anything regarding this and the BU comments, with a little bashing thrown in sounded pretty accurate to me.
The guy didn't ask for help at all, it was just a hate blast that I wrote off to frustration.
To date, he has still not asked for any help with his problems.
I'm not in favor of beating up on anyone looking for help but if all there is a rant, there is no help that can be given. :twocents:

randyjaco

Hot Rod,
I would like to thank you and the members of this forum for taking a more neutral tone on this situation. I can't believe the firestorm it has created. At this point I am not even interested in a replacement controller or anything else from Plum Quick. I am really sick of Robbie's enforcer bullies who feel that any opinion other than Robbie's must be squashed with a tirade of unestablished facts. Hell, even Robbie didn't dispute the veracity of my facts.
It is interesting that even though I have never said a disparaging word on the PQ site, I have been banned from it. I can't even read what is being said there. I am sure it is full of glowing reports of my good deeds and mechanical abilities
sly.gif

I just hope that my original intent is heeded by other NooB's to carts: be wary of doing business with Plum Quick. There are plenty of other good vendors out there who will treat you fairly. Two I would recommend are Jake's and Buggies Unlimited. My dealings with them have been stellar.

Randy

JRay

Cartaholic
Say anything bad about Plum Quick or their bully forum members, and they swing the ban hammer. :dazed:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum is the only forum that allows its members to speak there mind, good or bad :usa:

this is a classic reaction from plum quick, send a member to stand on the soap box. robby works for his Dad and most likely has kept him out of the loop, i would doubt Carson reads the forums to know about the crap robby pulls. i have no doubt that plum quick has a good product but i think robby likes to over sell there ability. its my understanding there motor builders and are not in the controller business, why would somebody risk there reputation by selling a upgrade package that uses a off brand controller :dazed: i think it would make more sense to replace the bad part with one that has a proven track record. cheaper is seldom better and a happy customer is worth far more than a 500.00 controller.

dougmcp

That is true JRay, it seems if anything controversial pops up on the Plum Quick forum it is deleted and warnings are issued.

dougmcp

Randy, there is nothing at all on the PQ site regarding this.
As far as suppliers go, it is difficult to keep everyone happy and thank God there are multiple suppliers to choose from. No one supplier is the best and they've all had their issues from time to time.
If you have a bad experience with one then it is certainly your option to choose another and so you should.

spidy

It seems to me that the problem isn’t with PQ. PQ went way out of there way to please this guy and there is just no pleasing him.
And there is no bashing this guy on the PQ forum. It hasn’t even been brought up fyi. To much class over there.

It seems to me that someone (randyjaco) has a history of bad experience with people. I don’t think its because he has bad luck either

Now tell me honestly. Would you want to do business with Randy?

Now lets see if you guys let me post this or are you going to swing your “ban hammer” lol

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
this all comes down to robby not taking the time to post, i'm sure pimp daddy means well but 99% of the time sends the flames higher.

spidy

Just so you know, I am not a "messenger" for PQ. I am a extremely satisfied customer both with there products and there extreme service to go OUT OF THERE WAY to please me as they have done in the past

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
i ha ve been reading this thread and wasnt going to comment but im goint to... this is not taking sides its just another point of veiw from a shop owner myself...

i dont care how much mechanical skills you have .. this is a golf cart electric at that

we have had issues with other controllers and motors we have put in carts and there not PQ's
that the customer brought it back 4 days later with a bad motor and bad controller.. i asked them did they charge the cart before they used it over the weekend cause it was died when it left me... he said yes... well what he told me what the cart was doing before it died , it sounded like the cart wasnt charged before driving.... when he brought it back to me it took me over 50 hours to get the batteries fully charged....

most people dont charge the cart enough and they think its fully charged and its not....

i sold and radio console with all the componets to a RV sales guy who then gave it to there rv tech to in stall on the electric cart 36 volt... they call me the next day and said the radio head unit is bad and they bought another one and finished installing the unit... i ask them did them hook it up correctly to only 12 volts and not 36 volts and he said that his rv tech for 20 years knows whats he is doing and did it right... well they gave me the head unit and i sent it back to the manufacture and of course it came back as it was fired by to much voltage..

im not trying to bang on Randy just saying there is alot that can go wrong

even snapon and mac dont warranty electrical stuff

i also have done alot of motor and controller upgrades
and i have run acroos this once

ez-go PDS carts both carts and one cart was a limo

both 36 volt
both 23" tall tires
installed 600 amp alltrax
both 2g cables that we make

most always we get 25mph out of this combo

well the 4 seater went 21mph
the 6 seater limo went 24

so one at a time i switch controllers, then batteries and then motor the the speeds never changed..

each cart is different and we never found out why the 2 different mph

i always give a range that it could be for mph

like i said before im not taking sides just trying to give another point of view..

i have also learned that we cant please everbody

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Kelly.... You are correct... I was only trying to protect the honor of one of the corner stones of the Golf Cart World. Since Robby won't post his reply on this forum, I'll bow out of this thread...

BadToTheBone

oh boy its getting deep. corner stones of the golf cart world? please. :rotflmao:

Robby Steen and the Plum Quick Lift Kit From Hell

plum-quick-lift-kit.jpg