Bad Boy Buggy MTV 1500E MTV 4x4 Wiring

3B$

Hello,

If anyone has a functioning 2010 48v Bad Boy Buggy 1500E MTV 4x4 with electric dump bed using the Navitas TSX500-BBM controller, I could use some photos of the wiring on both sides of that harness plugin to the 48v harness showing all the color of the wires in relation to each other.

Mine are chewed off at both ends so I have no idea what marries to what, they are not all the same color which was probably done to keep it proprietary. If you could also include pics of the inside under the seat showing all connection points, fuses and relays it would be greatly appreciated, with that I should be able to wire it back together and ensure all cables including the batteries are wired correctly and test it out.

I cannot find any wiring diagram for that controller and wiring harness on the internet to date, thanks in advance to any that can help out.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
See if this is close and don't get too rapped up in the wire colors BBB changes things

bad-boy-buggy-wiring-diagram.jpg

3B$

Thanks Diode, I'll take a look at this.

The other day I found a 1500 E user manual, one with a layout on the wiring harnesses with schematics from JT Wire, it looks like they go to the Curtis controller though for the DC model, the manual does not specifically say it is for the brushless model which I think is the AC version.

Today I found the TSX500-48 version 1 PDF user manual, which gave the pinout from the controller side, hopefully this connection diagram and that manual will get me where I'd like to be which is able to re-produce the entire 48v DC 2 PASS harness. The TSX manual gave the name of the controller side plug in connector which can be bought on Amazon. I contacted Navitas, they sold me some new/old stock they have of the controller harness adapter for $64 plus shipping each, bought 2, cost was $130 even.

Pmcmurtry

New to the site and don’t mean to hijack this post. My Bad Boy Buggy w/navitas controller is coming home from Tracker shop unfixed…they said everything from the motors, batteries and contacted all check out. There is power going into the controller but within seconds there is no power coming out. They say navitas does not make replacements anymore and I’m looking for some help! Thanks in advance!

3B$

Hi Pmcmurtry,

You're not at all, the more we can build on this thread with questions and experiences the closer we will get to keeping these running. If Navitas will no longer sell the Gen 1 controller and you cannot get yours repaired, we're working on the current one we have with a Navitas controller and actually purchased a really rusted out one that came with a Curtis controller and intact wiring, neither are running yet, but neither controller is throwing a code stating the controllers are bad so hoping to get them running.

I'll PM you and lets see if we can help each other out, I think it is very possible that you could use a Navitas Gen III or a Curtis 1268-5501 48 volt controller but we will need to exchange some ideas, knowledge and photos of the wiring and diagrams we both have access to in order to do that.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Any sepex controller will work, you will need one of the higher amp controllers and you must match the controllers you can't have one Curtis and one Navitas. You also may need to change the throttle they have them on eBay for $50 or $60. I have already converted a number of these units to Navitas AC.

3B$

What is the throttle we need Diode?, I have both models of controllers in these 2 carts and they have the same exact ComeSys MFT9 forklift throttle pedal.

I want to convert to AC, if you can provide the parts list that will accomplish this it would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan3865

I have the same issue on a 2010 MTV
How did you figure out which color wire goes from the Navitas system to the rest of the colors ?
Which ones do not get hooked up?