Bad Boy Buggie Wiring Help

Bodine

While checking fuses behind the dash panel on my 48 volt Bad Boy Buggie I managed to pull loose the yellow wire from the voltage indicator and need some wiring help. Seems to have pulled out of a butt connector as the wire end is clean but I don't have a clue from where. The connectors in pic are only ones near range of the wire. I dont want to guess and burn something up. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Somebody at some point has done some splicing on quite a bit of the wiring. Is the Bad Boy Buggie running? Is everything working?

Bodine

Everything works but factory headlights, those splices are for ad-on headlights. I originally removed dash to check fuses and run voltage tests, while diagnosing a no run problem that proved to be failed solenoids. I had to pull dash again because the reverse wire came off directional switch and found this loose.

Bodine

The white pieces on those wires are not splices, just a piece of plastic that floats along the insulation.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Were the headlights working before that yellow wire was disconnected? If so I'd say the wire is for the headlights.

Bodine

No they have not worked in ages. This wire goes to the voltage indicator between the on/off and fwd/rev switches. What I dont know is where it feeds from

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If it's the wire for the voltage meter it should be connected to either the key switch or to the battery pack. I'm taking it the voltage meter was working and now it isn't?

Bodine

Oh well, was hoping someone knew off top of their head. I will start opening up looms looking for the other end... I'll let ya know.

Bodine

HotRodCarts ty for your input. After opening up looms and finding nothing, I removed the key switch and it appears to have a missing terminal on the back. I touched the loose wire to the yellow wire on the switch, turned switch on and the meter lit up. I spliced it into a new female terminal with that wire and all is good In the buggy world today.