back tires locked up

cartkid

I just bought this ez-go, 2 stroke and the rear tires have locked up, any ideas before I tear in to it. Thanks

cartkid

Thanks for the welcome, I talked to someone else who has a GC and they told me it could be the brake cable that is stuck. Even though the pedal is up the cable could be stuck inside some tubing?? Going to check that out also. Will post what I find out after this Saturday when I get to start wrenching on it. Hopefully I won't need the BIG hammer.
cool.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes the cable(s) can be frozen or broke and the pedal can still move. Look at the arms coming out of the backing plates that the cables hook to and see if they move when you press and release the brake pedal. It could also be a problem with the brakes, rear end or motor.

cartkid

Got it rolling again. Here is what I found, the whole underside, mostly the back, was full of dirt and junk. Looked like this cart had been off roading. So that was most of the problem, but I also found, after the pressure washing, that one of the two rear brake cables was/is broke. So for now I have changed the main cable to only work the one good brake cable until I can find a replacement for the broken one.
thumbup.gif