Back IN The Saddle Again!

Cranbrook

Cartaholic
Well, I have posted several times about all of my troubles with my old EZ-Go Medalist. Did a lot of stuff myself trying to fix it and had very short successes that always turned into failures within just a few short rides. I was ready to just give up until I found someone fairly local that worked as a golf coarse grounds keeper. He had more than 35 years experience fixing, modifying, building, carts of all kinds.

I made contact with him, thinking he could come to me but his response was "At 60 years of age, I need the machine here at the golf coarse where I have a shop with lift and all of my tools." "Also, I spend all of my summer days mowing and grounds keeping so can only work on weekends." Seeing my old cart parked in my garage since last fall and thinking about just selling it at a great loss as a non running project, I decided to tote the old girl the 40 miles for the expert maintainance.

After more than 2 months, I get a call saying my cart is all fixed and runs like a champ! He had to go over many items that I had replaced with cheap on line Chinese made parts I acquired through Amazon. Turned out to be this DO IT YOURSELFER's biggest mistake!! I never did find any factory made products online but now have his connections to buy in the future!

This experience has been a wonder for me in learning and I hope to now finally start enjoying all of the dreams I have had cruzing the boon docks in my EZ-GO cart!

TColvin

Many times this is the case. We all have a tendency to replace and see if it works. If it doesn't replace something else until we have more in it than it worth. LOL That's why Nubs is the first one I ask when I get stumped. Glad your rolling, keep learning.