Axle rotation

Sbarber

I was given, I believe, an '88 cc with a bad motor. I was going to try to put a sled motor in it but its rotation will be opposite from the original motor. What would happen if I put the motor in and let reverse be forward and forward be reverse? Would that work? I have no idea, I was just wondering how complex those rear axles are and if it might work, or any suggestions on how to use what I've got to make it work.

Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks

Sbarber

Thanks for the advice. I was kinda planning on just trying it and seeing what happened unless someone threw the red flag but thats kinda what I thought. Any more info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

BadToTheBone

Nice project.
cool.gif
Keep us updated on it.

Sbarber

Hey

I had a couple more questions for everyone on my '88 cc. Where exactly is the governer located and what does it look like? Also, does this cart have a trans. or does the motor switch rotation for reverse? If there is a trans. is it just forward and reverse gears or is there more than one gear to each?

Thanks.

BadToTheBone

Follow the throttle cable to the black box. From there you shouls see a cable or rod that runs to the rearend. Thats the governor. The trans has forward and reverse only,

Sbarber

Ok. I know what youre talking about. So if I just unhook that can I run the machine without the governor, or will it still limit me?