arcing behind forward reverse switch

mdtjewelry

while trying to figure out why the cart goes when the pedal is no pressed i foung that the ball joint had slipped off, but even with it manualy pushed all the way forward the cart still goes. I noticed some arcing while i had the seat off and was easing it into gear from behind the forward/reverse switch. there are also 2 tiny wires hanging out. How can i figure out what these wires are and where do they go? And could this be the solution to my problem with the cart going even with the key out if you put it in gear and arent pressing the pedal?

ftfixer

dazed053.gif
first of all just for info. is the reverse alarm working have you checked the switch to make sure it is not shorted or wires touching that shouldn't be? you may have a wire that has rubbed the coating off and shorting causing this problem. take a look at the micro-switch and potentiometer underneath the floor mat check all wiring inside the box.this may not find or fix the problem but will not take much time to do.
wallbash.gif

mdtjewelry

the 2 wires hanging down are from the reverse alarm. guess the old owners didnt like it. the arcing seems to be from when i was slowly engaging the switch into forward or reverse. I did fix the cart going on its own by rehooking the ball joint and hopefully it will stay connected. thanks for all the help

DWscott

First of all we need to know what year and model Ezgo you have and then it will be easier to diagnose problems.
Depending on year and model it sounds like you have a ( SOLENOID STUCK CLOSED ) allowing the cart to run all the time when in gear? It can be other things but first we need to know what year and model you have? It is very possible that you can see the F&R switch arc under these conditions and you may find once you have solenoid replaced your other problem will go away as there should be no electric connection until pedal is depressed?
I dont understand what you mean by "BALL JOINT" is this the connection from shift lever below your leg to the F&R switch on passenger side of cart? Please advise.