Anyone into RC car/truck ?

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I got out of it after I hurt my back and had to quit my job a couple of years ago, miss it just can afford it. Lol
Last RC Jeep I had about $1100 into it.
Still want to build an airboat..

20150921_165147_zpsjo71slzs.jpg

20150309_223147-1_zpsjo29zs0j.jpg

IMG_20150913_184623_zpspymyseuh.jpg

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I had one nitro buggy. REVO with a big block conversion. Was a 2 speed automatic with reverse.
Went from a 3.3c.i. to a 4.2c.i. if I remember.

IMG_20130613_165427_zps3da4c091.jpg

IMG_20130613_165526_zps150a6d1d.jpg

IMG_20130613_165616_zpsf476a733.jpg

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
That was up till a few years ago when I had money. Was working as a gunsmith at a local shop. Now I can barely fix up my buggy. Lol

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Nice! I was into the RC cars and trucks years ago. I use to race them at a indoor tracks during the winter months and the drag racing off season.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I had 8 traxxas trucks few years back. Now just two x maxx and a rustled brushless. Haven't had them out in a year

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Hard enough keeping them running to start with.. That Rustler Brushless is fast I bet. I had one for a short time.
That's the body I painted for it. BAHAMA BLUE metal flake.

5DFB6BB1.jpg

dirtysouth

Hard enough keeping them running to start with..
That Rustler Brushless is fast I bet. I had one for a short time.
That's the body I painted for it. BAHAMA BLUE metal flake.View attachment 3445

Stupid fast. So are the x maxx's. All of 40-50 on a 5th scale truck. Rustler has to run close to 60 if not more. I put a 1/8th scale engine in a t max before the kit was made. It'd flip over if you pined the throttle, literally would flip on its roof. Was so fast you couldn't here it shift into 2nd gear. I put 1/8th scale tires on it too. Bitch to keep running and to start but a full on riot when you got it half assed tuned. Had 2 t maxx, 2 rustlers, a stampede and a Revo that was first gen of bigger engine. Also had electric Rustler and stampede. Totally got any from the nitro, only electric now. All waterproof from new.

dirtysouth

I painted most bodies with spray bombs. Had the air brush bug for awhile but I was terrible at it lol

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I'm an electric fan, and brushed motors at that. 550s are ok but 775 is my motor of choice.
My last brushless was a big ol 1/8 scale truck motor (5 pole 550 size) and 150 amp controller, add two 5200mah 3 cell LiPo and it would rip the plastic shafts, ended up with so super strong CV steel shafts.

dirtysouth

Yup, tore my share of stock axles up. Can't remember motor size in x maxx, think it's two of them, ain't seen them in months. I know the e maxx was dual motor. Brushless is nuts