Any Other Boaters on the Forum

2a27T

Ahoy, any other boaters on the forum? I've been rebuilding ours for 18 years now. It's all mahogany, which makes sense to me, being a retired carpenter. My golf cart is my winter project and summer kick a$$! ;)

2a27T

She has the original 327 Chrysler Crusaders around 1700 hours now. Averages 2 GPH. Thats cruising around 1100 RPM,and the occasional 3500 RPM. We have no trim tabs, so when you kick her up too high,it just starts sucking gas while pushing water. She loves when we kick her up and blow the cobwebs out though.

2a27T

DUHHH I told wife to answer, and just seen post-327 Chevy PACERS.........Going to need a special edit button I can see! She does most posting for me,cause she's fast and knows the spelling things (blonde though) Nice lines-what is it?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
those engines will run a long time if the oil is fresh. i had a 40ish Gar wood, a much smaller unit but still knew how to eat money. it would plow right through 8 foot Lake Michigan swells like nobody's business, best boat i ever owned.

dougmcp

Nubs, went to the Concours d'Elegance boat show up in Lake Tahoe, most beautiful Gar wood boats I have ever seen.
You're lucky to have owned one! :thumbsup:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i kinda felt honored to have had the chance to own the boat and the history that went with it. i'm looking for pictures