Any of you guys Know Mustangs???

Bob-o

Hey, Do you know of any forums (or if you can help that'd be awesome) for Mustangs?

I'm looking at a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 Stage 3 Roush with Steeda parts. It has 38K miles, and a supercharger
laugh.gif
. I don't know the first things about Ponys... are there any good or bad sides to a car like that. Any problems that are common? If your familiar with them, what do you like or not like about it? The guy wants 21K for it, and from what I can find, that seems like he may not know what hes got... I'm seeing 28K to 32K for similar cars. It is owned by a Minister
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, who just happens to be a car nut. It has been very well taken care of, but what can I look for in the engine compartment for signs of trouble?

Would that car be similar to a WS-6 Trans Am? How about the cornering... Dad had a 25th aniversery edition Stang... But he HATED it because of its handeling. With him being a former Grand Prix driver (60s... the great bandini era
biggthumpup.gif
) I take his word. He doesn't know about the Roush cars though... he said their known for their suspension and braking upgrades... along with engine tuning (chip ect...).

Can any of you guys help me please... I can find historical information... but none about how the car is, how it handles, mechanical history or any of that.

Thanks so much
Bob

Bob-o

Sweet Find HRC... I just learned a lot more about that car. From what I read... it may very well have a 475hp Kit from Steeda. What I saw, and what they talked about... looked the same. I'm going to do a tad bit more shopping on Sat., but I think that may be a good car... I just want to make sure I am making the right choice on it... price, ect...

Bob

Bob-o

Hey guys,

I talked to the current owner of the Mach 1 Mustang, and found out that it could be an awesome car.

Here is what it has:
It is a Roush car that Roush used Steeda Performance parts for their package... special order.

The parts include:

Forged high compression pistons
3/4 Race cam
K&N Cold Air Induction System
Modified Speed Chip
Race, Heads and Valves
Ready for NOS system
4.6L 32V (4v) SOHC
425hp 390ft/lbs on the dyno at the rears with 8 lbs boost. Listed at 400hp, but dynoed by Car and Driver (similar car)... 4.1s 0-60 Top speed of 175 governed. Final Drive gear ratio of 3.32:1
Roush interior trim, with embroidered floor mats... Roush Badging, Base car had a police interceptor package.
Oh, it also has bernelli exhaust and headers... sounds sweet.

If I get it on Monday, I'll post some pics... would that be cool?

Oh, the supercharger isn't the vane type... it is like some kind of gear driven charger... Dad looked at it... he isn't familiar, any of you guys know about those SC?

Bob

Bob-o

Guys, I decided to hold out for a few more paychecks
laugh.gif
. That Mustang turned out to be a fake roush.... BUT, I discovered that we have ONE Roush dealer here in Arkansas. I had to drive up there, and what a nice 3 hour drive (one way). I saw a Roush that was even more rare than a Stage 3. I did the bartering, and came to a price even ole leroy would like
cool.gif
. SOOOOOO, after a 10 min lesson on how to drive a stick, I headed back..... WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME HOW A STICK WORKS ON HILLS... bastards
unsure.gif

Here is my purtty new car, all shiney after a little wash from getting back home... By the way.. I left at 4:30 this morning to get her
biggrin.gif

TA DA:
0181_427r.jpg

Bob-o

I love it
biggrin.gif
. It handles almost as well as the Trans Am did, and dad told me I would take a hit in that department. From looking at Roush's website, I can upgrade the torsion bars and add a few other things... but because I stretched my budget so much with getting it... it might be 4 years until I upgrade that
newlaugh.gif

The acceloration is out of this world. I can beat my parent's G.T.O on a drag strip... 427R is 4.0 0-60 and the Goat is 4.3 0-60. I love the sound of it too, it comes with the borla X pipe (for pressure equalization). It has a 3/4 Comp. Cam in it too, so when it is idling it sounds like a sprint car.... but not as loud
laugh.gif
newlaugh.gif
newlaugh.gif
. I've noticed a problem with it though... It attracks Cops... I had 2 follow me for a while on my way home yesterday, and another follow me to the shop today
furious.gif

Bob

Bob-o

More Pics
biggthumpup.gif

low.jpg

ROUSH_427R_11.jpg

dash2.jpg

It is so much fun... I did my first burn out in it today. Some other dude in a white Mustang GT wanted to play on my way home. So, heading up a 3 lane road he wanted to pass me. I kept speeding up untill he jumped in the left lane. We were doing 60 and I downshifted and floored it... he beat me... but I looked cool loosing
newlaugh.gif
newlaugh.gif
. The car slowed to about 45 before I backed off the throttle, and when I did... HOLY COW she really hooked up
laugh.gif
....but by then he had reached the stop light.

sleezego

alright for one.. super freakin nice car.. im jealous.. but it should out handle any dumb ol TA.. the only TA that should actually put up a fight in the handleing department would be the latest model like 02 body style.. and it maybe a technicallity but your car has struts not torsion bars.. torsion bars are reserved for primarily trucks and large SUVs... but give it some time and take it easy on the car ad youll learn to drive the stick up and down hills like its nobodies business.. again sweeeeet car.. nice colors

johnny9

i got a couple stang pics at the drags for you ford guys..the ford guy didnt like it when i told him everything in my driveway was chevys,haha..and a ezgo,john

DSC01579.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01577.jpg