Advanced EV Brand Carts

BirdieMachine

LPfromATX, I don't think Advanced EV has been around for 35 years. Based on what I have found the founders of Advanced EV have been in the business for 35 years (at other companies) is my understanding.

hanks

Diode, thanks for the reply. I live in Texas and have two dealers of Advanced EV and ICON EV nearby. Plus, the manufacturer is not that far from me, about 200 miles. The true question that no one can answer, other than time, is how long will these two particular manufacturers be around?
Do you know who gives the best deal on these and if we can order directly from the manufacturer? I was interested in the 4 person enclosed model with the doors. I would be interested if you found pricing better at one versus another place.

TyinOcala

I am in the market for a cart as well. There is a long-time dealer here, who is featuring these carts. He claims they are put together in the Lady Lake/Villages area here in North Central Florida. I had never heard of these things, although I am new to carts. The names EZ GO, Club Car and Yamaha are the three sisters seen everywhere. I drove one of these things and it so much smoother than the "big 3" I tried. and a prettier girl. The price point is also attractive. A real plus to me is that the charger is inside the cart, so you just run a cord. I am quite reluctant though because of the possible impact to resale, reliability, and getting repairs if the dealer folds or retires.

richlaw

Stay away from advanced! I was stupid enought to let the lower price lure me in. Looks great on the outside, but a complete mess underneath, out of sight. Nothing lined up, fasteners out of place, looks like chinese to me! I've never seen so many "corners cut" to save money.
Purchased from Laras' in Conroe, would stay away from them, also. Good luck

basicinstinct911

I purchased one and have a hard time getting simple answers from my dealer that I purchased it from. I have support here in Louisiana that said he would be glad to do warranty work as long as "it's registered". I made sure of that..couple of emails and finally received response from mfg that they received the information. I will state that I have had good response from the mfg in Rosenberg from warranty parts that were damaged. They mailed them asap to me. It was simple step boards that were cracked. Not sure why both would be cracked except for stress points in the unit from not being properly square or aligned? Maybe we can get them on board here..that would be great. I don't see a fb group which should warn you but they have a personal fb group Facebook Groups will share more as I get info.

GRamoin

Is Advanced EV China made for sure? Anyone know? I am looking for a 4 person and 6 person, and first time owner SO trying to learn about the dependability of these EV machines, and also maybe I should go safe ( spend more) which is better CLUB CAR, EZ GO, or YAMAHA

Zman

Cartaholic
Alright you want answer from experience. Well here goes, i was a Fairplay dealer 2004-2015, They were fairly well made except for front end bushings wore out fast, frames rusted fast, rear axle bearings were of poor quality, wire used was poor quality , paint was terrible and faded fast. Parts were not that hard to find until they folded up. Can't find any now. Star car was a close relative and some parts are inter changeable. Problem with star is GH Global is the only parts supplier and if the front end bushings wear out it is $600.00 or more for the whole front end. They don't sell replacement parts. I have only worked on one Icon and it seemed like the quality poor including the design and components. I have had to replace the charger, repair throttle, repair wiring to lights and this cart was only 1 1/2 years old.

Freya

We sell Advanced EV's and ICON's (along with many other brands), Yes they are China carts, but assembled in the US. We put Trojans in the ICON's and the Advanced EV's come with US (red top) batteries. We've been selling ICON's for almost 5 years and rarely have issues. I would say the main issue is that people do not maintenance their batteries. We have no problem getting parts. You can get aftermarket parts as well. We've installed bluetooth, carbon fiber dash, cup holders, undercarriage lights, etc.

GRamoin

So basically it sounds like ADVANCED EV Carts may be decent, but parts or long term reliability doubtful. I drove one today, and was very nice and for 2L+ (4 seater lifted) it was like $8400 which is $3000 or more better price than the main 3

Zman

Cartaholic
i can get you a new lifted 4 seater YAMAHA for around $9000, way better cart! Just have to shop around.

Mike B.

I have imported 4 different kinds of golf carts from China. All with the same problems. Parts are difficult to obtain as the manufacturer will not supply any that are not paid for before they are sent to the ship for transportation to the U.S. That is a difficult proposition since no importer of Chinese golf Carts knows what is going to fail first and how often. All Chinese carts are built in the same province so similar parts are used in all golf carts from China. The new trend with importers of Chinese carts is to claim they are made in the United States. In order to be a manufacturer they have to use an additional 61 percent of parts included in the carts to be the manufacturer. All parts come with the carts but are partially broken down so they fit on the same type frame they all use for shipping. I contacted another dealer selling a new {built in America} Chinese cart....The Icon. He had the largest presence on Google for Florida. When asked about the Icon {built in America} cart he said "we bought 12, sold 10, can't fix 5 and won't sell the other 2.
When I moved a large golf car business I hauled 4 Chinese carts to the salvage yard. They had never been used other than to salvage parts.

Here is information for those out there saying how can you judge them if there is no information on them out there.

Zman

Cartaholic
I will work on them , only if i can convert to or use mostly EZGO or Yamaha parts. It seems the Chinese copied either EZGO or Yamaha when designing their stuff. I convert their controllers to Alltrax, Make my own wiring harnesses, Use either AMD or Admiral Motors. Rest of it is fab work .

Redbug42

Anyone have personal experience with this cart. I drove one today and seemed Ok. The guy told me they were on the rise and the complaint about parts and service would be resolved as more carts are sold and the demand for parts and service increases.

tara@triangle

This is a very nice golf cart that has a toyota motor in it. Lots of great colors and rides nice. I like it is easy to charge. I love mine