Adjusting a GE Golf Cart Controller

sinkorslim

I have a 700 amp GE golf cart controller that has three adjustments and I have never tried adjusting them as of yet. I recently went to a 12 inch wheel and a low profile tire.. I want to get a little more speed and torque and want to try adjusting the controller. Has anyone done this and offer me some advice on it?

dougmcp

Do you have a series or sepex/regen controller?
I've never seen a GE controller that was 700 amps, most are 263a and 403a.
What are you trying to get out of the change?
Do you have a method to program it?

sinkorslim

yah its a 700 amp ge controller it has three manual blue adjustment screws on it, didnt know if i can adjust them with a screw driver a bit, and clock or counter clock wise

dougmcp

I think I found what you have but I can't read the info on the 3 controls or find any programming info. What do the adjustments say? Do you have any info on them?

dougmcp

Found the info on the pots:

Potentiometer Adjustment.

Current Limit(CL) – Adjust potentiometer CW (clockwise) to increase maximum current limit.The current is adjustable from 50% to 100% of specified limit.

Controlled Acceleration (CA) – Adjust potentiometer CW to increase acceleration ramp time. Caution must be taken in setting CA too short for safety of vehicle operator. The acceleration ramp is adjustable from .25 to 1.5 seconds.

Plugging Adjustment (PL) – Adjust potentiometer CW to increase intensity of plugging.Be sure when setting plugging is set to allow a smooth forward to reverse transition .Caution must be taken to make sure plugging is not set too harsh, this could cause the driver to be thrown from vehicle. Plugging current is adjustable from 50% to 100% of specified limit.