Adding Water To Golf Cart Batteries

Theutvols

Hey guys I've been reading some on my golfcart today for some reason lol. Any way I read when adding water to golf cart batteries you need to use distilled water in them instead of tap. I've just always filled them up out of the waterhose.I was wondering what the effects are and if i need to change it to distilled water or what?

Thanks Dave

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

It really depends on how your water is. Well water or water with a lot of minerals is supposed to be hard on batteries. Your best bet is used distilled water from now on to be safe.

Bilito

I had a hard time finding distilled water at auto parts and battery stores until someone suggested looking at the water bottles in the grocery store, got a gallon at Publix for 1.49

Bilito

I was in Wal Mart in the auto dept and could not find any, so I am guessing it was in the grocery store section with all the other water

Bilito

This was the first time in my life I had a need for distilled water, and I naturally though since it is for all the batteries in a golf cart you would find it at an auto part or battery store, never once dawned on me to check the grocery store for battery water