Adding Water To Golf Cart Batteries

Theutvols

Hey guys ive been reading some on my golfcart today for some reason lol.Any way i read that you need to use distilled water in them instead of tap.Ive just always filled them up out of the waterhose.I was wondering what the effects are and if i need to change it to distilled or what?

Thanks Dave

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum.

It really depends on how your water is. Well water or water with a lot of minerals is supposed to be hard on batteries. Your best bet is used distilled water from now on to be safe.

Bilito

I had a hard time finding distilled water at auto parts and battery stores until someone suggested looking at the water bottles in the grocery store, got a gallon at Publix for 1.49

Bilito

I was in Wal Mart in the auto dept and could not find any, so I am guessing it was in the grocery store section with all the other water

Bilito

This was the first time in my life I had a need for distilled water, and I naturally though since it is for all the batteries in a golf cart you would find it at an auto part or battery store, never once dawned on me to check the grocery store for battery water