99 ezgo died

ncdean62

Need to isolate which part is bad. 36 volts coming off batteries, reverse buzzer is faint, nothing else! Need help getting started.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Okay you have a fleet/series cart. First we need a more accurate voltage reading. 36 volts is pretty much dead on a 36 volt pack.

Do you have a digital multi-meter? Your going to need one if you don't already have one. Make sure all your cables are clean and tight.

ncdean62

looking at my meter the voltage is 36.8! is this low for a 36 volt cart? these batteries are very old! any chance the batteries are the problem! I've delt with old batteries before! they work fine for a short while, then fall off quickly!

ncdean62

OK. I installed new batteries and cables, checked all the other connections I could get to. Cart is still pretty much dead. Back-up buzzer sounds weak when put in reverse with no movement in either direction. Anything I can check before I spend money at the shop?

ncdean62

It took me a while to find the link to the service manual but I finally got what I need to trouble-shoot!
wallbash.gif