99 club car

buckhunter

I have a 99 club car that my father in law gave me. It worked fine. It had a 3inch lift with 22 inch tires and I made a new lift for it making it a 6 inch lift with 22 inch tires. While installing the kit, I noticed there were 2 wires that needed to be longer. An orange and a white wire coming from what I assume is the control box. I extended then and hooked them back up to the motor where they were terminated originally. I finished installing the lift and then went to take it for a test drive and bam....nothing....no clicking...nothing except the battery light comes on. All battery connections are good. I checked one of the wiring diagrams posted on this site but it didn't match my cart. I have 1 control box and a solinoid on one side of the controller with a coiled wire attached and on the other side of the controller is another solinoid with wires attached. Before they clicked when turning the tow to run switch on. My cart is a 99....6 inch lift....48 volt....not sure bout the model. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys....Thanks

LAJim

Don't understand response bout srarter gnd. wire.. Would a '99 model, 48 volt cart have a starter??? I'm a gas cart guy anyway but I sure don't understand that answer..

Did it again!! I need to start reading the whole thing before I post!! I'm like the guy on Jeopardy that clicks the buzzer to quick with not hearing the whole thing, and then doesn't know what the hell he is talking about!!
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

buckhunter

I would much rather have a gas powered cart...but the electric was given to me and it is very quiet for hunting! If I can get it fixed....I would hate to scrap this cart after all the things I have done and added to it.

I'm sure that you know that is has to be a loose wire somewhere.... But did you check your wire off of the side of the motor?? If you want you can call me tomorrow if you have any questions where any of the wires go! I don't have diagrams but I can e-mail you pics. 989-697-3080 and ask for Eric!
tip.gif
usaflag1.gif
usaflag1.gif