99 Club Car DS 48 Volt Shaking When I Press Accelerator Pedal

Mav830

This 1999 Club Car 48 volt golf cart, with new batteries and all connections clean and tight, was running great for several weeks after battery installation. Now when I depress the accelerator pedal it will go a few feet then start shaking wildly in what I can only describe as a stutter step. In a nutshell, it doesn't run. Help?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What's the battery pack voltage drop to when you press the accelerator and the golf cart starts stuttering? Welcome to Cartaholics. :hattip:

Mav830

Sorry, life got in the way. Voltage drops from about 9.5 in each battery to around 8.3 - 8.5. Draws about 7 amps in forward and around 3 in reverse.

Mav830

New test results. Performed the "hovering" run test, checking batteries individually while the cart was moving (shuddering). #1 battery went down to 3.3 volts. Others all tested welI. I assume that's the problem.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes the battery that's dropping to 3.3 volts is definitely bad. Check it to see if it needs water. Depending on how old the batteries are you might want to replace them all.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You can monitor the battery pack voltage with a multi meter while the batteries are charging. Does the charger shut off on its own when the cycle is complete?