98EZGO 4 Stroke No Spark at Plug

EZGo Rider

My cart had been running erratic for a while. I thought it was fuel problem so I changed the fuel filter, put a new straw down in the tank. The cart turns over OK and I can see gas going through the new filter but it will not start. I took a spark plug wire off the plug, grounded it with a screwdriver to the plug and could not see a spark. Could the problem be in the microswitch beneath the floorboard?

Any help appreciated.
tip.gif

EZGo Rider

My cart had been running erratic for a while. I thought it was fuel problem so I changed the fuel filter, put a new straw down in the tank. The cart turns over OK and I can see gas going through the new filter but it will not start. I took a spark plug wire off the plug, grounded it with a screwdriver to the plug and could not see a spark. Could the problem be in the microswitch beneath the floorboard?

Any help appreciated.
tip.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Welcome
tip.gif

the microswitch activates the starter as well as sends power to the ignitor so if it turns over the switch is not the problem. if it runs sometimes i would check the ground from the engine to the frame and the black ground wire from the ignitor, if it will not run at all? 99% of the time the ignitor is bad. there is no test for the ignitor so replacing with a known good one is the only way to check. a bad connection or broken wire is always a possible, try to move the wiring as your running the starter and see if you get spark.