98 ezgo txt

timbo1961

I need for someone to tell me how to wire the direction selector on my 98 ezgo txt, I removed the wires and want to make sure i'm wiring this correctly, i've looked at diagrams but their not real clear on where a,b,c,d are located on the selector, is A at the bottom or top ?

timbo1961

Thanks for the diagram, can you tell me why my cart was wired differently and does it matter being wired this way?

A = A2 B = S1 C = B+ D = S2 A1 = M-

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
How many large terminals does your controller have? It should be fine the way it's wired now. Is the cart running like it should?

timbo1961

the selector has 4 large studs, according to the diagram if I just put C on M-, then B+ on A1 Right? I just purchased this cart a month ago rode it for a day then decided to strip down to frame, it seems to run fine noticed had an upgraded D&D motor, stock controller, so when I went to rehook things back up that is when I noticed wires weren't matching diagram, and wasn't sure if rewiring it that way would do something to the performance.

timbo1961

Let me see if I can make this simpler to understand, the cables on my cart have letters on them to match up where they should go, for example one cable reads A1 on one end M- on the other, but according to this diagram C on the selector should go to M- , so I guess my question should be do I not pay attention to these letters and wire like the diagram shows or match up wires. I am affraid to try this without being clearer I don't want to burn anything up.

timbo1961

Thanks Hot Rod this is exactly what I need.
thumbup.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem, your welcome. I never noticed the forward and reverse switch wiring diagram is like that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention...