'96 series txt question

20" Buttons

on my 1996 ezgo series cart, its got an inductive throttle control sensor.. can anybody tell me what my ohm meter should read when testing it. its a flood victim and i need to test it to see if it needs to be replaced.. no motor in it so i don't know if its working or not!!! please help

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Here's a test procedure for the ITS:

To test the ITS jack the rear of the cart up and put it on jack stands. Remove the small black wire from the ITS at the controller. With the key on and the cart in either forward or reverse put the ground of your meter on the battery pack negative, slowly push the accelerator and on the small black wire at controller you should have 13-15 volts at activation, on small white wire you should have .5 volts at activation to 1.5 volts at full throttle. Test the black wire with it plugged in and unplugged.

20" Buttons

i tested it like you said and here are the results--with the harness PLUGGED IN the black wire had 14.1v activated and the white wire had .4 to .5v at activation and 1.6v at full throttle---BUT! with it UNPLUGGED from the controller the black wire read 3.2v not activated and 3.9v activated and the white wire read 3.1v not activated and 3.8v activated.. i suppose the ITS is good...RIGHT??? thank you for your help!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Usually the ITS can get wet and be fine after it dries out. Was the controller under water? If it was and it's the stock Curtis controller it's probably bad...

20" Buttons

yeah it has a water line at the bottom of the controller. once the motor is installed i'll find out if it needs to be replaced too

20" Buttons

OK- so i got the motor today (04-27-10) and installed it... it barely made it down the driveway and needed a push back up the driveway---i took pics of the controller but couldn't figure out how to post them...its fried-BAD!! gonna order the new one and we should be in business...

Thank you all for the help-Ive learned alot and can actually help with other peoples EZGO carts

PS: can anyone tell me how to post pics on this forum?

20" Buttons

got it-----

1272424624.jpg

1272424607.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Seeing how the cart was under water if you haven't checked already you should pull the pan on the rear end and check for water. Clean and repack the front wheel bearings (replace if pitted). Grease all the fittings on the front end. Lube up the brake cables.

20" Buttons

brakes, bearings, front end grease, everything has been replaced except the brake cables and rear diff fluid.... good call HRod...i lubed the cables and the brakes are awesome now!!!!
biggrin.gif