96 fe290 club car die's out and back fires

markstree

hi..i have a 1996 club car with a kawasaki fe290..it drive great for a few feed then it die's and back fire's then run's..then does it all again..i was told it was the fuel pump so i replaced it..then i was told to cut the rpm limiter ground and i did...still have the same problem..also i was told it has the 1997 motor..the club car teck's told me its a 97 motor installed in a 96 cart when they ran out of 96 motors..i don't know..i know that the ignitor isn't under the rpm limiter bracket like it show's they are on a 96 motor..the teck told me it was built in with the coil like the 97 motor..does any of that make sense..can anyone help please
usaflag1.gif

markstree

Well i cut the ground wire on the rev limiter and that did the trick...now i just need to find a cheep lift kit.lol

INSTIGATOR

I am confused markstree. In your earlier post you mention that you cut the ground wire to the rev limiter and it did not help. The last post that you cut the rev limiter ground indicates that it worked. What wire did you cut the first time ?
dazed053.gif