'96 EZGO runs intermittently

itmup4

Hi, I have a 96 EZGO that will run fine for an hour or so then stop. I've changed and gapped plugs. Checked and cleaned fuel pump, carb and air filter. Replaced fuel and vacuum lines. When motor was just turning over, but not starting, I removed 1 plug, grounded it and there was no spark. After trying for 30 seconds a faint yellow , flickering spark started and motor tried to start. Did same with the other plug, same result. Definitely no blue spark! Plugs are new, but NGK's not available and they gave me Champion RN14YC, and gapped to .030. Please help! Thanks

ftfixer

tip.gif
does the cart just come to a stop and will not start back or do you stop the cart and it will not start running again.this may help to diagnose your problem better there are several possibilities depending on when it starts and when it will not.
usaflag1.gif

itmup4

I found a spark plug wire to be bad. Replaced wire and ran fine for 18 holes! Thanks to all who helped. John

divot61

you could have tryed to twist the plug wires a couple of revolutions clockwise inside the coil and put them back on the plugs, that usually works, they get corroded over time and need some help connecting solid, just a thought for others
thumbup.gif