96 ez go

ftfixer

96 ez go gas with lift has a bounce that seems to be coming from the front end the rims seem to be ok and also have new tires. cart has had this bounce since i purchased it and is realy starting to tick me off.just got cart back running after being down for about a year trying to start dressing it up some and would like to correct this problem first. any ideas as to where i need to start and it is also possible that it may be coming from the rear because the bounce is there at low and high speeds. would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
tip.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Start by jacking the cart up and spinning each tire and look for a bad tire, rim, axle or bearing. You should be able to see the problem. If you don't find anything by spinning each tire check the toe in on your front end...

ftfixer

i know how to make the adjustments to the toe in as far as what to loosen and turn or adjust if there is a problem but what measurements would i need to adjust to or would i just need to eye ball it.
dazed053.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I usually give them about 1/8" toe in. With the cart sitting on level ground measure the center to center distance between the front and rear of the front tires. Adjust until the front measurement is 1/8" - 1/4" less than the the rear measurement.

If your close to that now it's more than likely something else causing the bounce...