96 club car golf cart

sharpredvette

Hello, i got a 96 cc 48v and it has set up from 97 til 09. Have new batteries,new solenoid all new micro switches. Still want run. Key on push gas pedal it tries to move,but thats all. can jump sol;yellow term to #6 bat grd side to bypass obc and it still want run.There is 50+ volt at solenoid. All termenals have been cleaned and retighted. Any idears where to go from here. Thanks for any help. Ron

sharpredvette

Yes it does roll free, i can make it run if i jump the solenoid,it will do this with either of the new solenoids. Thanks Ron. PS Any other ideas.

BadToTheBone

Im not sure I understand. In the first post you said it doesnt run when you jump the solenoid. Does the cart run when you jump the solenoid? Which posts do you jump to make it run? Does the solenoid click with no jumper when you try to drive the cart? Sorry for all the questions.

sharpredvette

Thanks for the help,had a bad connector on my jumper wire. I replace the ends on the jumper wire and jumping it makes it run . So i guess i can either buy a obc or bypass it and use a timer on my charger. I did jumped between the sol.yellow wire termenal and the #6 neg. bat. post . runs. What do you think about bypassing the obc? Again thanks for the help.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I know a lot of guys who run their carts with the OBC bypassed. I like fixing things right the first time myself but as long as you maintain proper battery charging it will be fine.

sharpredvette

Thanks for all your help,i will look on the puter and find the updated obc and be through with it . Your right it is always better to repair it right the first time,that way you don't have to look back.
thanks again. PS should i take all my post off or is better to leave them on ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem, your welcome. In the long run you'll be happy you replaced the OBC. We'll leave the posts, they may help someone else that's having the same problem.