95 Gas Club Car Won't Start

gasandgo

My 95 Club Car golf cart had been turning over slowly for a while and finally doesn't start at all. After doing some reading, I changed the limit switches in the box under the seat as well as the solenoid. Still won't start. I removed motor and discovered one of the brushes had a little varnish or epoxy on the side which restricted it from moving freely in the brush holder. I cleaned the brush and reinstalled motor. I thought this would solve the problem. Wrong. I removed the belt to the starter and pushed the foot pedal and the starter turned as it should. I then tried the same thing a second time and the starter motor turned every so slowly. This is where I am at now. My question is do I have a bad starter or voltage regulator? Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

gasandgo

I had checked the battery with a meter and it showed 12 volt. I took the battery to the NAPA store and when they load tested, it showed bad. I bought a new battery and the golf cart runs fine. I guess I should have checked the battery first but did not act like a bad battery to me. Lesson learned. Thank you for you input.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You might want to put your meter on the new battery and run the engine about half throttle to make sure it's charging. You should have around 14 volts with the cart running at half throttle.