95 electric ez go

trach33

First time and great site for info!

My battery level indicator light located on my dash is blinking. I can disconnect the main cables for an hour and light quits blinking, but only for a few minutes. Batteries are fine and I have no trouble making 18 holes.

Trach

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Do you have the factory LED meter mounted next to the key switch or is it aftermarket? Is it wired to batteries 1 and 6 (same batteries the charger wires are connected to)?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Unhook the meter from the batteries and pull the key switch panel. Unplug all 3 connections from the meter and reconnect them. The terminals on the meter can oxidize and cause a bad connection. Charge the batteries and let the cart sit for about a 1/2 hour or so then connect the meter back to the batteries.

If it still does the same thing after you do the above the meter is more than likely bad...

trach33

Thanks for the info! Did what you said and LED started to blink again after a couple minutes. Will replace.

Thanks

hitmanharleyk

check all your battery cables to see if the terminals are clean and tight. I changed my cables out a few weeks back and when I powered back up mine was doing the same thing. I disconnected the pos from the pack for a few minutes and then made sure they were all tight, I put it on charge and when I went back it has worked right ever since.