95 E-Z-GO Gas Golf Cart Rebuild

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
My 95 E-Z-GO gas golf cart rebuild is coming along. My friend sold me an engine cheap and I got that in and running. The left hub was frozen on solid. I used a gear puller to get it off and some of the brake shoe came off with it. :) I was so happy to find out that the rear end wasnt frozen up.
What color should I paint this cart? Im thinking a bright red like my truck but I think red is used to much but I want something that most people will like because I probably am going to sell this cart.

Oh I also bought a custom exhaust for the cart. I think its that one from stretchplastics but I havent seen it yet. I got it for only $20. :)

The next thing for this cart is a lift and new heavy duty suspension. Then new wheels and tires. I'm starting to like this cart more and more.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
My disk keeps saying "this disk is not formatted do you want to format it?" then I click yes then it basically says "everything on the disk will be erased if you click ok to format" so that wouldnt be to good but I can see the pics fine on my camera so I have no idea whats going on. I'll try again.

Oh I do have pics of the wiring on a disk that works but that really isnt very interesting to look at.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I got my golf cart running today and even took it for a test drive. It ran great and has tons of power. :coolest: What is the normal compression for a golf cart engine? Mine is just under 180psi. I'll try to get some pictures of this thing. I wish my disk hadnt messed up. :( Right now the body is off and I think it looks pretty cool. It has a rat rod look to it. :)

All I really have left to do is paint this thing. What paint should I use for it? The front cowl is the fiberglass(or whatever it is, plastic?) one from my workhorse and all the rest are metal. Any tips on painting?
LOL speaking of my E-Z-GO Workhorse, its pretty much been a donor cart for this project. I have taken so many parts off it and put it on this cart. :)

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
The other pictures I had were cooler because it was just the bare frame with nothing else on it. But if you want to see that go look at my E-Z-GO Workhorse pictures.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I got the body on last night and it finally looks like a golf cart. For right now I am using my workhorse seat on this cart. If anyone has a good used seat I am interested in buying it.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I bought some new wheels for this cart, a drop axle lift kit and a rear seat/cargo bed. I hope these wheels will fit they are 4/110 instead of 4 on 4. I just couldnt let this deal pass.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I was afraid of that but the price on just the tires alone is hard to beat so if all else fails I'll buy 12" delta wheels like I have on my workhorse and swap them out.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Wait are you saying they wont fit because of the lug spacing or the wheel offset? These wheels offset is wrong for golf carts becuase they are pos offset instead of neg but that can be easily fixed by turing them around. I did this when I had Nissan Sentra wheels on my workhorse. Worked pretty good and you get a lot of neg offset.

wheelchairman

ProHauler!
Ace you got raped on that deal bro. Those tires suck. They are decent on dry but i dont think you will be happy with them. You just paid $280 for tires. I hope you can get $75 out of those wheels but good luck.

wheelchairman

ProHauler!
There are deals better than that every week on the highlifter you just gotta keep lookin. Like I have $315 in my tires and wheels. Tires had 50 miles on them. :coolest:

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
I got new shiny parts from the UPS guy today!! It was a rear flip flow seat kit and 4" drop axle. I got both installed today and my roof so everything is done except the rocker panels. Im having trouble with those. But I am very pleased with my 4" lift kit. It is a drop axle from Extreme Metal Products for $140 and it is the highest quality lift kit for an EZGO that I have ever used. If you are looking for a lift kit do not buy from BU. Their lift kits are crap and way over priced compared to this one. I bought a 5" drop axle lift from BU for my workhorse and the steel they use is pathetic especially for the tie rod extenders. EMP tie rod extenders-1/2". BU tie rod extenders-1/8". And dont even get me started on the BU economy block lift. I will post some pictures of the cart tomorrow and do a product review for the lift and seat kit. The seat kit is just as good as the lift. Somebodys going to have a really nice cart when I sell it. :)

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Hey I need you guys to tell me how much you would be willing to pay for my cart I have been working on if you were in the market for one. I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow and details about it. I might try to sell it on ebay.

Here are some details about the cart. Basically the entire cart is new. It's a 95 EZGO that I tore down to the frame and reubilt everything. I would say 90% of the cart is new. It has a new body, custom steering wheel, roof, rear flip flop seat kit, front clays basket, 4" drop axle lift(very heavy duty), 25" Mudlite deep lug tires on 12" Delta wheels, rebuilt workhorse engine w/ a 295 head for more compression and a custom exhaust. This cart runs awesome and looks like a monster. I wish I could post a sound clip of it. You wouldnt beilieve the sound its like a motorcycle.

I went to an EZGO dealer today to pick up some parts and there was a gas cart not near as nice as mine for $3000. I would be happy to sell it for around $2800.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Well everything is finally done and its ready to be sold.
I'm selling it for $3200 if anyone is interested. Remember this has a newly rebuilt 350 E-Z-GO Workhorse engine in it.