95 Club Car Gas

pineview9

wallbash.gif
I am having a problem with stalling. Starts good then after 3 or 4 holes it will not start, Have replaced Ignition coil, igniter, rebuild starter/generator, new fuel filters,new spark plug, cleaned fuel lines and gas tank vent line. I am suspecting problem may be at Fwd/reverse switch. Any suggestions?

ftfixer

tip.gif
just for reference does the engine s/g turn to try to start the engine or just does nothing when you try to start. may help a little to troubleshoot your problem.

ftfixer

checkered_flag.gif
probably should have asked this before how do you get the cart restarted these might seem like simple questions but there are many possibilities. are you sure that the plugs are firing when you try to restart. also have you cleaned the carb. thoroughly could be picking up something even though you have changed filters and other parts. i know that you replaced the coil i assume you changed this after the problem started. i have heard of the coil over heating and causing the engine not to fire and you could pour cold water on the coil to cool it down and engine will fire up. might seem like i'm rambling a good bit but like i said there are a lot of possibilities and its best to check out simple things first.it sounds like you have already swapped out a lot of parts with no luck. i will help all i can just got to try to narrow it down as much as possible.
tip.gif

pineview9

Today I took it to the dealer I originally purchased it from. I felt more confident there. He replaced the igniter with a factory unit. The first replacement was an off market unit. The cart is running and I will take it to the golf course in a few days to see if it will make 18 holes. I appreciate the help and sugesstions from you guys. :tip: Thanks

Yankee Dog

OK, so I have to ask, what is an igniter? What years do they have this "igniter"? Sorry, just never heard of it before. YD

pineview9

I am not the expert, only an owner trying to keep my cart going, but it appears the igniter is connected to the ignition coil and sends a signal to it for spark for the spark plug. It is located very near the drain plug for changing oil. Anyway my cart is now running and it appears the problem was the ignigter. It appears I was being taken by the person who charged me for a coil that was not replaced nor defective. I will be discussing that with him on Monday. Thanks again to all who helped. This is a great forum and I enjoy just reading the posts.