95 Club Car Fairway Villager

kystik35

Thought the loose wire would fix the charger shutting off but it didnt. Anyone have any suggestions? The charger gets down to about 2 amps and holds there continuously but never shuts off.

kystik35

Well I sure hope its not the OBC its less than a week old. The batteries charged up earlier this year just fine then the OBC went bad and once it was replaced the charger wont shut off.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Take individual voltage readings on all 6 batteries while the charger is on the amp meter is down to 2 amps. Post your results...

kystik35

Sorry its taken so long to post the results but here they are; the two leftmost batteries are 8.69, all the rest range from 9.92 to 9.99, thats with the charger at about 2 amps.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Is there any accessories hooked to the two batteries with 8.69 volts? It's probably those two batteries keeping the charger from shutting off...

kystik35

I have a radio hooked to one of them and there is also another redwire going to the same one with the radio.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
How old are your batteries? It sounds like at least the two that have low voltage are bad. Do they need water?

I'm not sure how you got the radio working running off of 8 volts (1 battery).

kystik35

The batteries were puchased in 2007 they are a NAPA battery. They dont need water. Could it be a cable? They would charge up all the way before the new computer but I did run them pretty low before I replaced it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It could be a cable. After you check the cables and connections you can hook a 12 volt charger to the 2 low batteries one at a time to try and bring the voltage up on those 2 batteries. If you use a 12 volt charger go with 10 amps or less on the charger setting for about a half hour on each battery. If the battery gets hot while charging shut the charger off right away. Until you get all 6 batteries balanced your going to have charging problems...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did it bring the voltage up on the 2 batteries? If they're still reading lower than the other 4 there's not much you can do.

kystik35

Well immediately after I took the 12 volt charger off they were up with the others but they fell back within about 5 minutes or so. When you say there isnt much I can do does that mean those two batteries have just gone bad? Should I have them tested?

kystik35

Do I need to replace them with two of similar age and condition or if I can get NAPA to replace would new ones work?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's best to keep them matched. If you can find 2 used NAPA batteries that would be best. You can use 2 new NAPA batteries or replace all 6. It all depends on how much money your willing to spend. Two good batteries of any brand will be better than what you have now...