95 CC suddenly stopped working?

Eric181

Hello and good morning. This is a 95 CC it was running we drove it to point B from point A and when we went to leave to return to point A it didn't do anything. I just changed the whole solenoid set up new resistor and new diode. Yes I did it to the wire diagram for a three micro switch configuration. When the pedal is pressed sometimes you get a little jerk out of the motor but nothing else. I Jumped out the Old solenoid and it worked that is why I changed it out but same results as before. This cart did sit for a year and a half but has been working all summer up until now. I have noticed a lot of what looks like grease around the connection where the motor attaches to the gearbox. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you;
Eric

dougmcp

Usually this is a sign of low batteries, poor/loose/corroded connections.
Check all the battery, F-N-R switch connections for clean and tight.
What is the voltage of the battery pack?

Eric181

Total voltage at the solenoid was 51 VDC. I played around in it yesterday and I was getting -26 volts on the small yellow wire on the solenoid and when the key was on and pedal pressed I would get 48-51 VDC on the black/white wire side there is a second wire with this one but I can't remember the color off the top of my head sorry. I jumped out the main contacts on the solenoid and it runs like normal. I don't want to think the brand new solenoid from buggies is bad but it just may be.

shadowman

not uncommon at all to get a new bad solenoid if it runs when you jump it i would replace the new one with another one.............................
thumbup.gif

shadowman

buy a heavy duty white rodgers and if yours had a diode and resistor get those also..............................................
thumbup.gif